follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, December 28, 2004

    Christmas Gifts

    A pretty good Christmas - nothing to complain about except the time goes too fast. I probably won't see my oldest nephew until he graduates from college - COLLEGE! - in May. It bites when my siblings and their families have lots of time off and I only have one day. But oh well.

    But that's not why I'm posting. Save the lovey-dovey family stuff for the rubes. You folks want to know about gifts.

    Well, Lesa and I got folding chairs from my mom. Which means Matt F. can finally take some of his back. We also got a book from her dad that lays out the history of Girdwood, Alaska, his hometown. (And at one point Lesa's. It's a beautiful little town, now in danger of being overrun by yuppies.) I got a Cardinal's NL Champs t-shirt, a Best Buy gift card (three CDs - the new Alison Kraus, the new Pat Green, and Green Day's American Idiot), an Iowa City community gift certificate (used at Target on Phil Gordon's book on poker and Trimuph the Insult Comic Dog's Greatest Hits DVD), and Ratchet and Clank 3 plus the game guide. The playstation was at mom's house until yesterday, but it's home now and I'm going to catch up on lost time.

    Hope everyone reading had a good holiday as well. And I promise to stop ripping off Matt's post ideas. Although the favorite plays idea is a good one we need to run with.

    No comments: