follow me on Twitter

    Monday, April 18, 2005

    A Lawn Again, Naturally

    I’m one of those people who think a nicely mown lawn is a piece of art. I’m also one of those who like to do the mowing themselves. (I think a nicely shoveled driveway is also a piece of art, but I’d rather not be the one doing the shoveling. I figure that with Andrew hitting the age of ten in three years, and Ethan hitting it five years after that, I’ll have a good 13 year period where I don’t need to shovel snow.) I know that the first mowing of the year always looks a little rough, and you need a follow-up mowing shortly after (but not right away) to get it to look good. I know a lot about mowing. But what I didn’t know, what I found out after Lesa turned me on to the fact that I am actually a dog person, is that the freshly-mown lawn is the golden toilet of the canine world. Apparently, there is no better crapping in the world than crapping on a freshly-mown lawn. The dogs literally can’t wait until I get done mowing – there have been times where they are crapping on part of the lawn I just mowed even before I finish the entire thing. The bad thing about this is that I had to scoop crap before I mowed, and now there is more dog crap to scoop. The good thing is that it’s incredibly easy to find.

    So how was your weekend?

    No comments: