follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, February 09, 2005

    Know What Sucks?

    What Sucks Is:

    Breaking up with your significant other five days before Valentine’s Day.

    What Really Sucks Is:

    Breaking up with your significant other five days before Valentine’s Day on the ped mall in the area right outside the public library near the fancy-schmancy playground over the noon hour while tons of people are walking by including some on their work break going to Daydreams to pick up their weekly comic book pull list.

    Now, I’m willing to believe that he cheated on her. I’m willing to believe he banged her roommate and several other girls on the dorm floor. (I almost replaced banged, the least offensive thing she yelled, with shtupped on the premise that shtupped was inoffensive and funnier. But as I thought about it, it is pretty funny to see a good-looking blonde scream “You banged my roommate” to her ex-boyfriend on the ped mall in the area right outside the public library near the fancy-schmancy playground over the noon hour while on your work break going to Daydreams to pick up their weekly comic book pull list. So I left it in.) I’m willing to believe he took money from her purse. I’m even willing to believe he did go to class that day and just didn’t want to give her his notes cause that’s just the way he is. But I’m not willing to believe he deserves to get yelled at on the ped mall in the area right outside the public library near the fancy-schmancy playground over the noon hour while tons of people are walking by including some on their work break going to Daydreams to pick up their weekly comic book pull list for his sins. He deserves to get yelled at, oh yes, he does, and he certainly doesn’t deserve a hot girlfriend. But he doesn’t deserve it happening in public.

    On the other hand, it was a nice bit of street theatre for my lunch break.

    No comments: