follow me on Twitter

    Monday, February 05, 2007

    Best Halftime Show Ever! Or At Least In A Long Time

    I’m a Prince fan, have been since Dirty Mind came out. He had a great run there in the 80s, and to me is one of the few living people one can legitimately call a musical genius. One of the things I liked about him, or at least how he used to be, was that he was both reclusive and accessible. A married couple who are both good friends of mine used to live in the suburbs of Minneapolis, and I would go up there two or three times a year, and they lived in the burb right next to where Prince lived. Indeed, we would often drive by Paisley Park on our way to one location or another. They used to talk about how Prince would go to the downtown clubs at random and announce he was having a party at Paisley Park and everyone was invited. One time when I was there he even had a garage sale at the studios, letting the public wander the grounds. I didn’t go, but I loved that he did it. So I was excited to hear he was the Super Bowl half-time show, and was very happy that it was such a great show. If you missed it, here it is.









    And in case you missed it, and you probably did, his mid-week press conference. Apparently the answer to the first question was Johnny B. Goode.



    Keeping with the theme, the most awesome Prince song ever: I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man


    No comments: