follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, January 04, 2009

    Adios, Bill

    You were a helluva guy, Bill Gerlits. One helluva a crazy old coot. I wonder if I should mention at the memorial service how you used to joke that after you died, you wanted to be stuffed and put in the lobby at ICCT with show programs in your hands.

    One quick thing to add to this - community theatres are full of diverse people with diverse personalities, many of whom are unable to get along with each other. I've heard nasty comments about everyone I ever worked with on a show or as President. Everyone, that is, but Bill. Everyone who got to know him liked Bill. Sure, some people found the ring thing a little goofy, although they always still touched the ring. But everyone liked him. I never heard a harsh word from anyone about Bill. 

    No comments: