follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, January 04, 2009

    You Tube Mood Music

    Godspeed


    Love Has No Pride


    Dimming Of The Day


    My Opening Farewell (ignore the video, just listen to the music)


    The Last Time I Saw Richard (couldn't find a video)

    The last time I saw Richard was Detroit in 68 and he told me
    All romantics meet the same fate someday 
    Cynical and drunk and boring someone in some dark cafe
    You laugh he said you think you're immune 
    Go look at your eyes they're full of moon
    You like roses and kisses and pretty men to tell you 
    All those pretty lies 
    Pretty lies
    When you gonna realize they're only pretty lies
    Only pretty lies 
    Just pretty lies

    He put a quarter in the Wurlitzer and he pushed three buttons 
    And the thing began to whirr 
    And a bar maid came by in fishnet stockings and a bow tie
    And she said "Drink up now it's gettin' on time to close" 
    "Richard, you haven't really changed" I said 
    It's just that now you're romanticizing some pain that's in your head 
    You got tombs in your eyes but the songs you punched are dreaming
    Listen, they sing of love so sweet, 
    Love so sweet
    When you gonna get yourself back on your feet? 
    Oh and love can be so sweet 
    Love so sweet

    Richard got married to a figure skater and he bought her a dishwasher 
    And a coffee percolator 
    And he drinks at home now most nights with the TV on 
    And all the house lights left up bright
    I'm gonna blow this damn candle out
    I don't want nobody comin' over to my table
    I got nothing to talk to anybody about 
    All good dreamers pass this way some day 
    Hidin' behind bottles in dark cafes dark cafes 
    Only a dark cocoon before I get my gorgeous wings and fly away 
    Only a phase these dark cafe days

    No comments: