follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, January 26, 2008

    You Are Now Free To Roam About The Country Between Chicago And Baltimore

    The thing I like best about Southwest Airlines isn't the frequent flights, or the low fares - it's the apparently radical notion that a one-way fare should be half the price of a round-trip fare. Too bad I need to go into Midway to catch a flight, but that little half-price one-way fare thing makes it cheaper to fly Southwest, even with the overnight trip to Chicago and back, then to fly any airline out of Cedar Rapids.

    3 comments:

    Jolene said...

    JetBlue also does the one-way is just half. But I've found that their prices are often actually more expensive than the big airlines (when going round-trip, anyway), and their frequent flyer program sucks (pretty much impossible to get a free ticket unless you are regular business traveler).

    But anyway, you know people who fly one-way tickets are terrorists, right? That's what the people at Homeland Security tell me, anyway. I flew a one-way ticket out to CA when I moved a couple years ago. I'm still waiting for the terrorist tendencies to kick in.

    Dweeze said...

    What do you mean waiting? You're a Pats fan...

    Jolene said...

    Oh, har har, funny man.