follow me on Twitter

    Monday, March 20, 2006

    My Bracket Was Gone

    With apologies to the Pretenders

    I looked in at Yahoo
    But my bracket was gone
    There was no Wisconsin
    There was no MSU
    Indiana had disappeared
    All my favorite picks
    My bracket had been pulled down
    Reduced to empty pages
    Cough, choke, way to go Iowa

    Well I went back to Yahoo
    But my bracket was gone
    I read all the game scores
    I had few teams left
    I was stunned and amazed
    My careful picks
    Slowly swirled past
    Like water in the toilet
    Cough, choke, way to go Illini

    I went back to Yahoo
    But my pretty bracket
    Had been torn down the middle
    By college teams that had no pride
    The teams of the Big Ten
    Had been replaced by other squads
    And sadness filled the air
    From gyms to dorm halls
    Cough, choke, state university of Ohio

    No comments: