follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, October 18, 2005

    Son Be A Dentist!

    Notes from an afternoon trip to the dentist.

    * There is a touch of dominatrix in every good dental hygienist. There is more than a touch in the great ones.

    * My hygienist today was a great one.

    * Her name, in all seriousness, was Veronica Mars. But she didn't look like this person. And no, I didn't make a comment about her name. I used to hate it when people asked me if I were David Hyde-Pierce, so I don't ask others.

    * Is there a more useless command in the English language than "Relax your lip"? What does that mean exactly? Whatever it means, it would be a hell of a lot easier to relax if I didn't have that metal thing jabbing me in the gum.

    * I always get nitrous oxide when I go to the dentist. I build up stuff on my teeth so quickly that it requires some real heavy duty scraping to get them clean. And that's with going four times a year. Yep, nitrous and headphones to listen to the radio. Nothing like getting lost in a song while on laughing gas.

    Happy brushing!

    No comments: